Serving Jesus like Elizabeth Fry

Today's devotion on my Our Daily Bread app* talked about Elizabeth Fry. I highly recommend finding out about her work reforming prisons. She was a Christian Quaker, I believe. I think there is a good passage on her in Yarns on Social Pioneers by Hayes. An excellent little vintage book. But, if you can't get a copy of that, I am sure there are other good accounts of her life and work. If it weren't for her and other reformers works we might still be hanging children and committing all kinds of evils as a society!

"When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?" - Matthew 25:39 NIV**

*Follow the app link to find the devotion in question.
**Follow the verse link for greater context of this scripture.

Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Day of the Martyrs

Essential

The Poor Man/One Thing