A Stand

The lone figure emerges from the mist, his long white beard blows in the wind. A peculiar sight for guard and prisoners alike. Soon more emerge as the old man advances. 7, 14, 21...soon a hundred unarmed saints. 'What do they want?' 'Who are they?' 'Are these the followers of Jesus?' 'Surely not, or they like others would sing louder as screams echo from death train.' 'No, no my brother it is them.' 'Why have they come?' The lone figure pushes gunmen aside. 'Can't go in there!' Guards cry. Heeding them not he stands in the midst of the prisoners. Eyes of surprised prisoners, Eyes of dumb struck guards, Eyes of bold congregation standing at the gate.'What will he do?' 'What can he do?' 'Tomorrow to death camp we go.' But then... Lifting up holy book he roars prophetically the words of Ruth 1:16, 17. A thunder of applause within and outwith the gates. Gates that will not prevail. Guards disband for the Word of the Lord has been spoken. Never again do they return, All because a few made A STAND to save children of the promised land.

Based on a true story. 

The verse from Ruth reads: "And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me." (from the KJV - public domain).


Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

The souls conflict and deliverance

Spurgeon for Peace!

Essential

Martin Luther King Jr Day 2024 - We Shall Overcome

Suffering

Coronation Day Blog Post: May We Lead A Quiet Peaceable Life

Collateral Damage

Some Thoughts on The Miraculous