Welcome, Autumn
This post is written in Easy English. Easy English uses short sentences and simple words. It is easier to read and understand. It can help people who find reading hard. It can help people who are learning English. It can help anyone who wants a quick, clear read. I hope you enjoy it.
Welcome, Autumn
Dear Friends,
Autumn is here. The leaves are turning gold and brown. Something in me feels calm when this happens.
Autumn is my favourite season. I think this is partly because I am autistic. Autumn is slow. The light is soft. The world feels quiet. Autumn does not ask me to be loud or busy. It lets me just notice things. I like the smell of wet leaves. I like the crunch of leaves under my feet. I can stand and listen to that sound for a long time. I do not need to rush.
The Bible says this: "There is a time for everything... a time to plant, and a time to pull up what was planted." (Ecclesiastes 3:1–2, Easy English Bible)
Autumn is a time of letting go. The trees do not fight to keep their leaves. They let them fall. They trust that spring will come again. I think this is peaceful. I am a Christian who loves peace. I believe in peace, not fighting. The trees show me peace. They do not grab or hold on tight. They just let go, gently.
Right now, many churches are keeping something called the Season of Creation. It runs until 4th October. That day is the Feast of St Francis. Francis loved nature. He called the sun his brother. He called the moon his sister. I think he would call the falling leaves his sister too. He teaches us to slow down. He teaches us to listen to creation.
So this Autumn, I want to slow down. I want to notice the gold in the trees. I want to let go of things I do not need to carry. I want to walk gently through the leaves, and through the world.
Above all, Love.
Every blessing this Autumn,
David
* Image from clipart library
Comments
Post a Comment
What sayest thou?