Gateway Bronze: Week 1 – Setting the Foundation

​1. Lifestyle (Health and Wellbeing)

  • ​The Rhythm: This week I’ve used the Finch app and the Northumbria Office to keep a consistent daily sanctuary. It’s helped me stay grounded as I start this six-month journey.
  • ​Evidence: 


​2. Personal Challenge (Self-Awareness)

  • ​The Connection: I attended the Dad & Me group at Midlothian Sure Start. It was good to be in that space and start building that weekly habit of connection.
  • ​Evidence: 

This week involved normal play and some messy play. Gabriel came as "Dads helper" this week which was cute! 


​3. Fitness & Volunteering (Nature & Service)

  • ​The Progress: I completed my nature walk this week and spent time getting set up for Walk for Autism (my fundraising page is now live). 
  • ​Evidence:
  • Other: I also started to explore resources from Health in Mind. And follow the advice to keep a journal.

     
  • Hobbies

    • ​Blogging and exploring tactile creativity through the Squiggle Society.
    • ​What I'm doing: Developing a "Digital Parish" and using it as an evidence folder. Exploring art and fidgets as an autistic adult. 

​Reflection

I’m grateful for the sense of order this new routine is bringing to my week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Week 7 — Weekly Mencap Gateway Post

The Gate of The Year (God Knows)

Charles Spurgeon: On War and Christians

Day 1 – Walk for Autism 2026: Let's Go! 👟♾️

🌟 Week 5 Evidence Checklist

Degrees, Valleys, and Gateway Awards: Why My "Spiky Profile" Needs Both

Gateway Evidence Week 4