Be Still Podcast Episode 4

Listen here

Be Still — Episode 4
[COLD OPEN]
The heavens declare the glory of God. The expanse shows his handiwork. Day after day they pour out speech, and night after night they display knowledge. (Psalm 19:1–2)
[THE NARRATIVE]
Last time, the first lie entered the world, and with it, shame and hiding. But even then, the LORD clothed his children and promised a rescue still to come. This week, we watch the darkness grow.
Adam knew Eve his wife. She conceived, and gave birth to Cain. Again she gave birth, to Cain's brother Abel. Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
In the process of time, Cain brought an offering to the LORD from the fruit of the ground. Abel also brought some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD respected Abel and his offering, but he didn't respect Cain and his offering. Cain was very angry, and the expression on his face fell.
Cain said to Abel, his brother, "Let's go into the field." While they were in the field, Cain rose up against Abel, his brother, and killed him.
The LORD said to Cain, "Where is Abel, your brother?"
He said, "I don't know. Am I my brother's keeper?"
The LORD said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood cries to me from the ground. Now you are cursed… A fugitive and a wanderer you shall be in the earth."
Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is greater than I can bear… I will be hidden from your face… whoever finds me will kill me."
The LORD said to him, "Therefore whoever slays Cain, vengeance will be taken on him sevenfold." The LORD appointed a sign for Cain, so that anyone finding him would not strike him. (Genesis 4:1–15, abridged)
Even in judgement, the LORD did not abandon him.
Years passed, and the wickedness in the world grew. The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. The LORD said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the surface of the ground."
But Noah found favour in the eyes of the LORD. (Genesis 6:5–8, abridged)
The LORD said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before me… Make a ship of gopher wood… I will bring the flood of waters on the earth… But I will establish my covenant with you. You shall come into the ship — you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you." (Genesis 6:13–18, abridged)
Noah did everything that the LORD commanded him. The flood came. Every living thing was destroyed which was on the surface of the ground. Only Noah was left, and those who were with him in the ship.
But God remembered Noah. (Genesis 7:5, 21–23; 8:1, abridged)
[SILENCE]
God said, "This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set my rainbow in the cloud, and it will be a sign of a covenant between me and the earth. When I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow will be seen in the cloud, I will remember my covenant… the waters will no more become a flood to destroy all flesh." (Genesis 9:12–15, abridged)
[BE STILL] (fixed every episode)
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth.
"Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:9–10)
[SILENCE]
[THE INVITATION TO THE TABLE] (fixed every episode)
When he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "Take, eat. This is my body, which is broken for you. Do this in memory of me." In the same way he also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink, in memory of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. (1 Corinthians 11:24–26)
[CLOSING BLESSING] (fixed every episode)
The LORD bless you, and keep you. The LORD make his face to shine on you, and be gracious to you. The LORD lift up his face towards you, and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24–26)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Gateway Bronze: Week 1 – Setting the Foundation

The Gate of The Year (God Knows)

Charles Spurgeon: On War and Christians

Week 7 — Weekly Mencap Gateway Post

Mr Kirk

Day 1 – Walk for Autism 2026: Let's Go! 👟♾️

🌟 Week 5 Evidence Checklist

Gateway Evidence: Week 2 Summary & The Advocacy Log