I Did It! Completing My Gateway Award Bronze Level 🎉
Hi everyone! I am so excited to share a major update today. I finally received the official word from the Gateway Award team, and it's official—I have completed the Bronze award!
Getting this email made all the hard work totally worth it:
"Hi David, That all looks great, congratulations on completing the Bronze award. I will get the certificates and medals out in the post for you today. Many thanks"
I can't wait for the postman to arrive so I can finally see the certificate and medal in person. A huge thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way, even if just following along on this blog. Stay tuned for other future posts on both my life journey and the usual devotional content!
What is the Gateway Award?
The Gateway Award is a fun activity program where you set your own goals and do things at your own speed. Anyone of any age or ability can take part.
When you do the award, you get to choose what you want to do and when you want to do it. There are three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
To finish a level, you have to do five different sections:
- Hobbies
- Fitness
- Volunteering
- Lifestyle
- The Gateway Challenge
When you finish a level, you get a special certificate and a medal.
I have successfully completed the Bronze level. Even though autism is its own distinct category of neurodivergence, there is often crossover with learning disabilities or mental health support, which made me eligible to take part in this fantastic course.
For more information, you can visit the Mencap Gateway Award website.
Comments
Post a Comment
What sayest thou?