Finding Moments of Peace: My Weekly Evidence Checklist (Week 23)

Happy Summer Holidays! As the school term draws to a close, it feels like the perfect time to reflect on the past week. Balancing the chaos of family life with the requirements of my Mencap Gateway Bronze Award can feel like a lot, but this weekly 5-minute check-in keeps me grounded and on track.

​Here is my evidence log for Week 23.

​My Weekly Evidence Log

​1. Volunteering

  • ​Activity: Walk for Autism.
  • ​Status: Completed previously.

​2. Fitness

  • ​Activity: Nature Walk.
  • ​Evidence: Today’s focus was on connecting with the outdoors. I’m including a photo from my walk around the Crichton estate after dropping Ezra off at his last Cubs session of the season.
  • ​Note: While I also enjoyed a magical moment seeing frogs and deer while setting up a treasure hunt at Vogrie, I chose to put my phone away and simply enjoy the moment rather than documenting it. Sometimes, living the experience is more important than the evidence!

​3. Hobby

  • ​Activity: The Digital Parish & Daily Office.
  • ​Focus: Continuing prayer, sometimes using the Northumbria Office and capturing my reflections here on the blog. I am also deepening my commitment to this practice by owning my membership of the Companions of Jesus.

​4. Personal Challenge

  • ​Status: Previously submitted.

​5. Lifestyle (Sensory & Advocacy)

  • ​Sensory Regulation: I am maintaining my daily equilibrium using Squiggle Society and other art supplies, fidgets, and sensory snacks.
  • ​Advocacy: My advocacy work remains ongoing. 
  • ​Digital Support: Staying consistent with my daily routines through the Finch app.

​Pioneer Project Update

​I am also excited to share that I am still actively working on my pioneer project: launching a "Muddy Church" walking fellowship. I am looking forward to creating a space that blends nature, movement, and community connection, and I cannot wait to share more progress on this as it develops.

​Special Moments & Reflections

​This week has been particularly full of family milestones and community connections:

  • ​Community Life: It was a joy to participate in the Squirrels river walk and campfire with Gabriel—watching him say his Promise was a real highlight. I also loved supporting the Bright Sparks ASN group with Lilianna.
  • ​Milestones: On a personal note, June 28th marks my wife Sarah and I's anniversary. Twelve years of life together and four beautiful children—it is a wonderful reminder of why I work so hard to stay balanced and present for them every single day.

​How are you documenting your own progress or personal milestones this summer? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Gateway Bronze: Week 1 – Setting the Foundation

The Gate of The Year (God Knows)

Week 7 — Weekly Mencap Gateway Post

Charles Spurgeon: On War and Christians

Day 1 – Walk for Autism 2026: Let's Go! 👟♾️

🌟 Week 5 Evidence Checklist

Gateway Evidence Week 4

Degrees, Valleys, and Gateway Awards: Why My "Spiky Profile" Needs Both