​♾️ Every Step a Story: Why I’m Walking for My Family & No.6​ πŸ‘Ÿ

​I’m walking solo this year, but I’m carrying my family of six with me every mile. If you know us, you know our house is a whirlwind of resilience, neurodiversity, and strength.

​I’m walking for my family:

  • ​My wife Sarah: The strongest person I know, navigating ADHD, Dyspraxia, NF1, Spina Bifida, and a host of other health challenges every single day.
  • ​Solomon (1) & Gabriel (4): Both born with NF1. Gabriel is currently being monitored for a tumor behind his eye—it’s stable for now, but the future may involve chemotherapy.
  • ​Lilianna (6): Our daughter, who was diagnosed as autistic with developmental delays in December.
  • ​Ezra (9): Currently on the waiting list to get his own answers regarding autism and ADHD.

​I’m also walking for myself. As an autistic adult with social anxiety, I know how much a supportive community matters. That’s why I’m proud to be walking alongside friends from No.6 One Stop Shop (Autism Initiatives). They are a lifeline for people like me—a place where you don’t have to hide who you are.

​We aren't "missing pieces" to be solved. We are a family that represents the beautiful infinity ♾️ of human diversity. I'm walking to make sure my kids grow up in a world that doesn't just "tolerate" them, but truly accepts and supports them.

​Please consider donating to my walk! Every penny goes toward supporting the vital work of Autism Initiatives and helps keep places like No.6 running.

https://www.walkforautism.co.uk/fundraiser/DavidHoldsworth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Gateway Bronze: Week 1 – Setting the Foundation

The Gate of The Year (God Knows)

Week 7 — Weekly Mencap Gateway Post

Charles Spurgeon: On War and Christians

Day 1 – Walk for Autism 2026: Let's Go! πŸ‘Ÿ♾️

🌟 Week 5 Evidence Checklist

Finding Sanctuary: My Gateway Journey Begins

Gateway Evidence Week 4