Spectrum Colour Walk: Sponsors Welcome!

I am fundraising for the National Autistic Society by taking part in my own Spectrum Colour Walk during World Autism Acceptance Week 2 - 8 April 2024. I will be in my homeland of The Isle of Skye and will do this flexibly around my other activities, with my trusty smart watch, no doubt, ranking up the step counts.

As many reading this will know, I have had the privilege of working with Autistic people as a Personal Assistant, Support Worker and Learning Assistant over the years. I was also recently diagnosed with "type 1" Autism myself. So this cause is important to me for those reasons.

Please feel free to sponsor/donate to this worthy cause.



💜 I am walking for autistic children to have a happy and fulfilled time at school.  

💙 I am walking to ensure autistic people are given proper opportunities to work.   

💚 I am walking for shorter diagnosis wait times. 

💛 I am walking for autism acceptance.

Anything you can donate is greatly appreciated and will be going towards creating a better society for autistic people and their families. To read more about the work of the National Autistic Society, visit www.autism.org.uk 

Thank you 🙂

About autism  
  
• Autism is a lifelong disability which affects how people communicate and interact with the world.  
• At least one in 100 people are autistic which means more than 700,000 people in the UK.  
• Autistic people have a range of strengths and challenges. For example, some autistic people also have a learning disability and may need support with daily tasks like washing, cooking or exercising. Other autistic people are in full time work and may benefit from reasonable adjustments.  
• Autistic people may:  
o Face challenges with communication and social interaction   
o Be under- or over-sensitive to sounds, touch, tastes, smells, light and colours.   
o Have highly focused interests or hobbies.   
o Have repetitive or restrictive behaviour.  
o Experience intense anxiety around unexpected change and social situations.   
o Experience ‘meltdowns’ or ‘shutdowns’.   
 

 

Comments

  1. David Holdsworth15 March 2024 at 18:29

    P.s. If you have met one Autistic person you have met one Autistic person. All Autistic people are different. If you prefer listening there is an audio of this post at https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/loveaboveall/episodes/Spectrum-Colour-Walk-Sponsors-Welcome-e2h3n26

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What sayest thou?

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Death and Nativity

Essential

Holocaust Memorial Day 2024

Take Heart: A Catechism

Children of Abba

A Stand

Suffering

International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness 5th March 2024 & Link Party

Some Thoughts on The Miraculous

Testimony