The Sunrise is Coming

(Written a number of years ago, but still with some relevance).

When I look at this world I feel a deep pain.
A burden in my soul.
This overwhelming sadness threatens to engulf me, to crush me with waves of despair.

Who can I trust but you?

Our Western civilization has fallen foul to false idols.
Community is replaced by screen's of various sizes.
Friendship is reduced to a virtual status.

Yet in You I find community.
In you I find friendship.
The wife you provided, the baby on the way.

The love of this world is enmity with you.
The world's love blows hot and cold.
A politics of hate, a muffled church, neighbourhoods of fear and pain -
Broken, All Broken!
But, Your light still shines.
Pockets of hope, sparkles in the night.
The Sunrise is coming!


Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Death and Nativity

Essential

Spurgeon for Peace!

Holocaust Memorial Day 2024

Take Heart: A Catechism

Children of Abba

A Stand

Suffering

International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness 5th March 2024 & Link Party

Some Thoughts on The Miraculous