I am Autistic, I am not a stereotype!

I am not a stereotype.

I am Autistic. 
Yes, I am white male. 
But, not that young anymore, so not fully fitting the media stereotype. 

I am also not a Savant. 
I have key interests and areas I am good at. 

I prefer saying Type 1 to Aspergers (in light of revelations about Hans Aspergers work with the Nazis who are the opposite of all I believe in).

No, I do not have any particular known additional learning disabilities.

I am Socially Anxious and a shy Introvert.

I am not a superhero, although I do follow one!

I am not the result of vaccines or refrigerator parenting.

I am not void of empathy.
I am a highly sensitive empath who cares deeply for a fallen world.

I am a bit quirky and a gentle soul.
I am who I am.

I am Autistic.
I am not a stereotype.

Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Fire or Love

Day of the Martyrs

A short devotion for today: The Light

Meet Kev the calming Koala

Righteousness of the Kingdom (Matthew 5:17-32) Second Draft of a Sermon

Suffering

Still Waters

Essential

Non-violent and Radical