His Name Forever Shall Endure

"His name for ever shall endure;
         last like the sun it shall. " (A line from Psalm 72 - Scottish Metrical Version) 

I didn't think I would be able to write much just now. But, after a walk of solitude one day (one government permitted exercise of the day) a few ponderings came to me. I am avoiding a certain topic on the basis of self preservation as it would only add to anxiety. I'm sure most readers know what I mean.

Anyway there is a huge network of woods near my house. I just went exploring and to make it truly a time of solitude avoided the beaten track for a large part of it.

Briefly I forgot I was in Edinburgh and felt as if I was back where the wild things grow. 

Pondering 1 - The Castle: She stands longer than our mortal flesh, but shorter than our immortal souls.

Pondering 2 - The Legends: They also may stand for generations. But, in time they evolve or pass from memory. 

Pondering 3 - The Car: Our impact both good and bad will have an impact for generations to come. Rust and decay will have it all. (Side note: We need to flatten more than one curve and go from climate distruction to climate sustainability).

Ponderings 4 - Questions to consider:
What do we trust in?
The non - essentials now gone? 
The essentials we now struggle to get? 
Ourselves? 

Or

The sustainer of life and souls? 
Our worship or the one we worship?

"His name for ever shall endure;
         last like the sun it shall. "

Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Take Heart: A Catechism

Martin Luther King Jr Day 2024 - We Shall Overcome

Essential

Spurgeon for Peace!

Some Thoughts on The Miraculous

Death and Nativity

Collateral Damage

International Day for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Awareness 5th March 2024 & Link Party

Testimony

Angelos - The Poem