Lovers of the Light

 One day, I was out with my two oldest children at a local country park. We were greeted by fallen leaves, a quiet garden, and a harvest of brambles. My little girl loves brambles, so she was delighted. As we toured the play parks and visited the play cafe, I wondered how quick life is. A thought that still lingers.  I have reflected on this point much of my life; our brevity. More so recently, with the passing of another friend from my L'arche days.  My wife and I have three kids and are starting to watch our own proverbial harvest grow. The days are long, but the years are short.  This leads to another important reflection on how important our influence on them is from an early age. I know there is a lot of judgement between different parents and professionals with different nurturing styles, but at the end of the day, God willing, the kids see the light break through the cracks in us.   I pray for my own family that they be good fruit in that greater harvest from above. That they may be lovers of the light.


Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Take Heart: A Catechism

Spurgeon for Peace!

Death and Nativity

Suffering

What in the world?

Happiness Replay

Testimony

Rise

Children of Abba

A Stand