Happiness Replay

A positive moment in time was an autumn day when I was sweeping leaves on Kilravock Castle grounds.  These are some feelings in that moment:  Contentment. The gentle breeze touched my cold red cheeks. The leaves rustled as I walked and swept the drive way up to the Scottish Castle, my home and job of those years. A crisp beautiful sound comes from the leaves. It reminds of childhood and a simpler time. I could do this job forever. Not only because I suspected a gust of wind would mess up what I started (and frankly didn't mind), but also I found something I enjoyed. Hard work outside. It was a job of solitude suited to a contemplative introvert such as I. One of many tasks. But, a special one that made me feel useful and one with the wild wooded Highlands of autumn around me. I felt at home, though I always knew the Castle was not my home, but the home of an ancient clan. Though I simply worked there I found home, not in Castle walls, but in the beauty of nature. I found a moment of contentment.  What is your happiness replay?   (Originally written as part of The 2020 Writers Happiness Challenge Day 6: Do a Happiness Replay)   


Comments

This Weeks Top of the Posts

Spectrum Colour Walk: Sponsors Welcome!

My Neurodiversity Journey

Scriptures for Peace!

Three Prayers

The Sunrise is Coming

Starting out with Edinburgh Preaching Group

New World

Arthur of Pax Island (a story)

Martin Luther King Jr Day 2024 - We Shall Overcome